The Carpenter calendar uses “Google Calendar”. Here are a few tips to sync it to your own calendar…
- ON GOOGLE CALENDAR & ANDROID PHONE:
Go to the Carpenter website. Click the “+ Google Calendar” button below the calendar. Be sure you to log in to your Google account. This will sync the Carpenter Calendar to your own Google Calendar. (If you use an Android phone, open your Calendar App, then open your settings, select “Display” and click “Carpenter School Calendar”. The next time your phone syncs, or you manually sync, the calendar will display.)
- ON APPLE iCALENDAR DESKTOP AND iPHONE:
An your Mac computer, open your iCalendar App, under the “File” tab select, “New Calendar Subscription…” and enter: “https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/carpentercharter%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics” Click “OK” and your calendar is now synced with the Carpenter Calendar. If you have an iPhone, as long as you use the same account on your computer and phone, this will now be synced as well.
- ON IPHONE ONLY:
Go to “Setting” and click “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”. Select “Add Account” and choose “Other”. Select “Add Subscribed Calendar and enter: “https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/carpentercharter%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics”
- ON MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2010:
Open your Calendar App. Select, “Open Calendar” and (Depending on which version you use) choose, “From Internet..." and enter: “https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/carpentercharter%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics”
For any further help, visit:
M. LAST BUT NOT LEAST
If for any reason throughout the school year you are unable to be a room parent any longer, please notify your co-room parent(s) and your grade level coordinator.
Thank you for your time and commitment to your role as a room parent. It’s a wonderful way to help serve Carpenter Community Charter as well as be involved in your child’s education. Have a wonderful year!
L. PARENT RESOURCE ROOM
Please be mindful to keep this room neat and clean at all times. If anything needs to be stored in this room or the refrigerator, please take the time to label your Items and encourage your volunteers to label their items as well.
K. BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT CHAT
Let your teacher know that this is the perfect opportunity for you to introduce the room parents. Use this forum to encourage volunteers and talk about the teacher's wish list. Your introduction can be short and at the end of the evening, so as not to interfere with the teachers' presentation.
BULLET POINTS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT:
- Annual Giving Campaign – please show the parents the envelope and let them know where they can find them or donate online at carpentercharter.org by clicking the DONATE NOW button
- Classroom Donation - let parents know the each classroom will be collecting a voluntary donation of $85 per student. There will be marked envelopes in the classroom.
- PTA Membership - please let parents know they can pay their PTA membership in the envelope they received in their Welcome Folder, get one in the office of pay at carpenter charter.org.
- Class Roster – remind the parents to initial and/or correct their info.
- Carpenter Cares – please show the parents where the Carpenter Cares envelope is located in the classroom and let them know that everything is kept confidential.
Page 1 of 6