At Carpenter Community Charter, our mission is to provide for the children of Studio City a vibrant, safe and rewarding neighborhood school where enrichment and hands-on learning are ingrained in a rigorous academic program – and where the whole child is encouraged to thrive and grow. Our goal is to impart in our students the skills they need to thrive in the 21st century and to provide our entire community the opportunity to have an active role in the success of our school.
Carpenter Community Charter School:
Cultivating young minds for the modern world.
At Carpenter Community Charter, our vision is to provide an academically challenging program that not only meets academic standards and helps every child realize their full potential, but fosters critical thinking, independence and creativity – and gives our students the 21st century skills they need to succeed in an everchanging world. Carpenter Community Charter will build a model of excellence in public education through a learning program that:
- Infuses music, dance, arts, and technology into traditional, standards-based curriculum to provide a rich experience for all of our students.
- Includes hands-on, investigative learning with indoor and outdoor science labs, media labs, and special offsite field work, like the annual Washington DC study trip for fifth grades (in its 18th consecutive year) because we believe learning extends beyond the classroom.
- Places an emphasis on multi-disciplinary, project-based learning that encourages our children to make connections between the curriculum and the real world – and creates life-long learners.
- Provides a solid foundation in communication skills that people use everyday –such as solving problems creatively, critically thinking, working cooperatively in teams and independently and utilizing technology effectively.
- Emphasizes social and community values that foster self-esteem and respect for each other.
- Meaningfully involves all stakeholders – parents, students, faculty, administration, and local community partners – in the continuous improvement and success of the school.
- Develops and advances best practices for engaging students and parents, training teachers, and promoting educational excellence, collaboration, and innovation